Total Pageviews

Monday, July 3, 2017

Tok, AK and Dusty Flying Trip

Friday, June 30, 2017

Yesterday was a down day catching up on laundry, groceries etc.  We need one of those every once in a while.  It was nice.

This morning we went to the local library with hopes of catching up on the blog.  Well the Internet speed was so slow that it took me 1hr 45 mins to upload 14 pictures.  I was so frustrated that after the pictures were uploaded and the blog completed we left.  We went to a local craft store just to see.
These beautiful Fushia flowers were growing just outside the craft shop.

The most interesting items we saw in the craft store were some fur lined hats.  See the pictures below of the hats Tic and I tried on.
 I liked this hat because the came down low in the back and covered my neck.  It would have been good in the cold.

This hat was unique.  The tail in the back was not tacked down so flipped around when Tic moved his head.  Fun!

The best part of the day was yet to come.  I, Dusty, have a 2 hour flying lesson in a bush plane scheduled at 2pm.  I am really pumped. We had a picnic lunch then headed to the airport.  Yee Haw!

This is the Tok Air Service office.  The Super Cub you see is the plane I will be taking my flying lesson in.

 Zack, my flight instructor, is preparing the plane.  He had to put the back seat in for him to sit in.

 Tic got this closeup as we were taxiing for take off. Scary and thrilling at the same time.

Off we go.  First we are looking for moose.  We found 5 or 6 but I could not get pictures and fly.  It was awesome!

Then we headed for the mountains.  We hoped to find Dall sheep and maybe caribou.
 
As we got close to the mountains it began to get pretty bumpy.  That made me nervous and Zack had to help me a bit.  Then I wanted to take pictures, so Zack flew while I took pictures. 
I thought it was cool the way the clouds were crawling over the tops of these mountains.
 
 Look how rugged and jagged this mountain side is.

Glaciers everywhere.  It was so amazing being high and close to these mountains.
 
Look how thick these glaciers are.
 
Can you see the blue in the ice? The picture below is of the above glacier that had some small melted ponds in it. Awesome color!!
 This one photo above came from Zack's website.

Above and below are more beautiful mountain pictures.

As we were headed back to the airport, I looked back and saw this beautiful valley. 
 
Zack did the landing, I just lightly held the stick with my feet on the rudder pedals and felt what he did.  It was more thrilling than words can describe. What an afternoon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment