Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

George W Bush Library Museum

Thursday, May 24, 2018

This afternoon we went to Dallas to the Bush Library & Museum at Dusty's insistence. 


The George W Bush Presidential Library & Museum is located on the SMU Campus. Laura Bush actually graduated from SMU.

Currently there is a special presentation called First Ladies of a Nation.  Above shows pictures of all the First Ladies.  I was surprised to read that in the early years of this nation many of the "First Ladies" were not the wives of the President.  However hostesses were needed so it could have been a daughter, sister, aunt or even unrelated woman. Very interesting fact to me.

 No Child Left Behind was Laura Bush's program wanting to make sure all children could read.  She believed being able to read would lead to a better education which would lead to a better quality of life.


 This is steel from one of the twin towers on the 9-11 terrorist attack. His reactions and planning were laid out. It was all very interesting!


Above and below are some of GW's beliefs.

Above is a beautiful bluebonnet painting and western sculpture and furniture piece that are from the oval office when GW Bush was President.

Above is the seal in the carpet in front of the desk in the Oval Office. Below I got to pretend to be Madame President.

The Oval Office is an exact replica of the office as it was when George W Bush was President.  We were told that even the windows behind the desk face the same direction as at the White House.


This is the current layout of the White House.  We really enjoyed our visit!

My Aunt Mary lives just a few blocks from SMU so we went to her house after we left here.  
This is my aunt's house in Highland Park a subdivision of Dallas. It is a historical landmark.

My cousins and their children also came by.  We all had dinner together.
 My aunt's son and my cousin David.

My Aunt Mary and her daughter, my cousin, Carolyn.
My cousin-in-law Camelia.  She is a beautiful and successful federal lawyer. She is married to my aunt's 2nd son,Ted, that was working and not able to attend dinner.


This is Julianna and Alli (left to right), my grand-cousins (if there is such a thing).  They are the girls of Camelia & Ted. It was a wonderful memory-making day!

I am not getting this post done until Tues, May 29.  We will be leaving Weatherford on Friday, June 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment