Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Sprucing up our mobile condo in Tucson, AZ

Monday & Tuesday, March 16 & 17, 2015

It's not all fun and games, sometimes we have chores too! While we were in Mesa we met a couple that got some special paint for the roof on his 40ft Monaco.  We looked at his roof after he had finished painting it and it looked good.  She told us that the refection of the paint had already made a difference inside the coach.  So we bought the remainder of his 5 gallon bucket.
This is the stuff we bought just before we left Mesa.


Monday we are getting the coach washed & waxed and the roof deoxidized.  Then I plan to paint our roof.
Here I am putting frog tape around the edges.
I actually started taping before the guys finished waxing the coach.  I hoped to be able to get the taping done and the hand painting around all the stuff on top of the coach before dark this evening.  I started taping about 3pm.
Here I am painting around the edges.  See several dark spots on the roof.  Our roof does need a new coating on the roof.
The clouds are starting to increase.  The view from the roof is pretty.
I'm still painting and the sun is starting to set.
Gorgeous view of the sunset from the roof!  I'm still painting.
It is getting later and the clouds are really orange now.  The sun will soon be completely past the horizon.  I'm still painting.


There is one bad thing about this particular RV park.  Most of the time we are in the flight landing path for both commercial and military plans.  And they are loud because they are low since they are preparing to land.

I finally quit shortly after the sun set past the horizon.  I was very tired of getting up and down so many times to move around painting the edges and all the sealed places on the roof.

Tuesday morning I was back on the roof by about 8:30 am I finished the trim work and used a roller brush to apply the paint to the rest of the roof.  I finished the first coat on the roof by 9:30 am.  We let the roof dry about 3 hours and I applied a second coat.

Tic decided he wanted to paint the top of the Jeep also.  We got two coats on the Jeep roof today also.  The reflective coating should help a lot with the heat.
Here is how the Jeep roof looks.
And here is how the roof looks after two coats of paint.  It has gotten overcast later this afternoonThe paint is supposed to have 24 hours to completely cure.  Hope it does not rain this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment