Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Smith Rock Oregon - Part 2

Saturday, July 11, 2015 - Part 2

During our hike at Smith Rock, we saw many climbers.  There are many different "walls" and challenges.  The following photos are some we caught in the act.  You may have to look closely because the wall is huge and the climbers are small.


Does your momma know you do this?


As the sign says, Red Wall.  No one climbing here right now.


I think he is resting waiting for her to catch up!


Monkey Face.  We saw more climbers working this challenge than any other.


This needs a caption, but I'm at a loss for words.  
Do you wear "DEPENDS?", comes to mind
I was fascinated by this group.
Horizontal elevator?  I'm sure they have a technical term for this.
Coming down!  Now this is an elevator, one-way!


One last look from here.  One more view from the opposite side when I get down off this rock I'm on.


We saw several of these set-ups as we went along.  Tells a story all its own.

 One is on top, and one at the bottom.  Whoopie!

 One last look at Monkey Face!

 We have no idea how they managed to hook onto the ropes.
Someone may have hung them up and left them to dry.

 He says, "OK, I've got you, come on up!"

 "Just stand still while I try to call 911"
 I zoomed the camera a bunch to show these folks.  It is a long way down and up and it all looks slippery to me.

 This man is free climbing.  No ropes, just super glue.

We have finished our climb out of the canyon.  The huge cliff in front has two people standing on top.  Just for the perspective, I zoom in to capture them so you as a viewer can get some idea of how high they are.
 That was fun!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment