Total Pageviews

Monday, June 11, 2018

Broken Foot and International UFO Center

Friday, June 8, 2018

This morning I decided to take a walk through the RV park early before it got really hot.  It was already 80 degrees.
I had only been walking about 15 minutes when I stepped on a pine cone off centered with my right foot. I twisted my foot. I swear I hear a crack.  I was afraid I had broken or badly sprained by right ankle. I had to call Tic to come get me.
We went to the emergency room in Artesia, NM. It turns out that I broke the 5th metatarsal in my right foot.  I am to keep my foot elevated and iced for 2 to 3 days. Then I'm to wear a "boot" with no weight on my foot for at least 3 weeks. I'm not used to being so inactive.

So.....On Sunday, June 10, 2018
We drove to Roswell, NM, about 1 hour away, and visited the International UFO Museum and Research Center. For seniors it is only $3/person. Cheap entertainment.
Luckily they had wheelchairs because I'm not very good with the crutches. I did call the museum to confirm they had wheelchairs before we went.








Well it was an entertaining time and I really enjoyed getting out of the coach after 2 full days of sitting inside with my foot elevated.

We stopped in Artesia on the way home and had lunch at La Fonda Restaurant. It came recommended.  It was delicious and we were glad we stopped. We sat in a booth which made it easy to keep my foot elevated. 

This is our sunset for this evening.

Due to Dusty having to stay off her foot ,there probably won't be much posted for the next couple of weeks. Unless we can drive somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment