Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Dirt Roads back to Buena Vista from Salida CO

Thursday, June 28, 2018

This morning I have a doctor appointment in Salida, CO with Dr. Ralph Wentz, DPM to make sure my broken foot is healing properly. He took 3 x-rays and it looks good for 3 weeks from the break.  I am to wear my boot for another 3 weeks, then my hiking boots for 2 weeks, then I'm free to go. I can walk in my boot as much as is comfortable.  I plan to start increasing that time.  Looking forward to being back to normal activity.

Since we were in Salida we decided to take back roads (some dirt and some 4X4). It was a beautiful drive.


As we were climbing in elevation not far out of Salida, we came upon this pond.  Don't know if it has a name. This area is very arid so it does not seem likely it is where rain has gathered. Perhaps there is a spring? Not sure.


 The map tells us we go up to 10,600'. This was a quick view between the trees before we reached the top.


This is the good part of the road before we got to the 4X4 Jeeping part. The Jeeping part was very rocky so slow going.


 The top of the road takes us to Aspen Ridge.  All the lighter green trees are aspen.


 We drove a good distance through thick aspen groves like this one.


More beautiful mountain views.  Looks like a painting.

There were bunches of these beautiful blue and white columbines all around. The sun kind of washes out the color.


 We just couldn't get over the awesome views of the mountains from up on Aspen Ridge.


I believe these are lupine flowers.  The sun is so bright it is washing out the beautiful blue.  They were all over also.
One last beautiful view as we start to descend off Aspen Ridge.  WOW!  We had another awesome drive today.


No comments:

Post a Comment